Salary: $1,400 per month (temporary full-time, not benefits eligible)
Start Date: March 2018 (4.5-month appointment)
Education requirements: Bachelor's degree in marine/wildlife/conservation biology, ecology, or similar field.
The qualified candidate must:
· Commit to a full time Monday through Friday work schedule and maintain flexibility for potentially long field days
· Have the ability to carefully follow instructions, work independently on sometimes tedious tasks and pay close attention to detail
· Have the ability to work long field days on a small boat, often in inclement or challenging conditions
· Be experienced and comfortable using word, data and image processing software including Microsoft Office, Endnote and Adobe products
· Be willing to occasionally work on other environmental research related projects at EIH.
· Provide three references (from a faculty member, advisor or employer)
· Provide own lodging and transportation for office located in the Clear Lake area of Houston, TX
· Pass a criminal background and motor vehicle background check prior to hiring
Submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to Kristi Fazioli at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are encouraged to apply by February 28th. Position will remain open until filled.
To discuss graduate student opportunities, please contact Dr. George Guillen at email@example.com
Learn more about EIH at https://www.uhcl.edu/environmental-institute/