DAILY ONLINE NEWS FROM AROUND THE WEB

CLICK "ONLINE NEWS TODAY" IN THE MENU BAR ABOVE TO GET THE LATEST IMPORTANT AND INTERESTING ARTICLES, IMAGES AND VIDEOS FROM AROUND THE WORLD.

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

A Whale of a Job Hunter



Hi Art and fellow Blog Readers!

I too am looking for a job in the exciting field of marine studies. I'm a recent graduate of Duke University's Nicholas School of the Environment, with a Masters of Environmental Management (focus in Coastal Environmental Management), and I have experience working with marine mammals both on the east and west coasts of Canada and the United States. I've spent time studying marine mammals and sea birds in the Bay of Fundy, worked with a non-profit research group in Gloucester, MA studying humpbacks and Right whales, and most recently I spent time conducting a study on Killer whales off the coast of British Columbia, Canada, and the effectiveness of voluntary whale watching guidelines in the area. I also have an honours degree in journalism, and enjoy all areas of communications (print, radio, TV, photojournalism... you name it!) I'm fluent in English and French, hold a Canadian
Small Commercial Vessel Operator Proficiency certification, and am a published writer and photographer. Photography is one of my favourite hobbies, and I've used it for everything from photo-identification studies of marine mammals to doing engagement portraits for friends. If any of this piques your interest, feel free to check out my Linked-in profile at http://www.linkedin.com/pub/robyn-walker/10/b15/224, or e-mail me at robynpwalker@yahoo.ca. Thanks, and happy job hunting!

Robyn

(Photo attached)

1 comment:

  1. Robyn,

    Send me an email (tiverton.tom@gmail.com) if you haven't found a "career" type job! ... we might be still looking for a guide/driver for our new Brier Island Zodiac (stc). (july-aug)

    www.oceanexplorations.ca

    ReplyDelete