DAILY ONLINE NEWS FROM AROUND THE WEB

CLICK "ONLINE NEWS TODAY" IN THE MENU BAR ABOVE TO GET THE LATEST IMPORTANT AND INTERESTING ARTICLES, IMAGES AND VIDEOS FROM AROUND THE WORLD.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Brazil's José Palazzo Responds to Fundy Whale Post

The Bay of Fundy is well known even in Brazil as the following response shows. Polish up your Portuguese and be sure to check out the website at: www.baleiafranca.org.br

Hi Art,

It was nice to find your Blog and see the note about the Brazilian Whale Sanctuary, which I modestly helped to bring about.

Besides being the current Brazilian Commissioner to the IWC, I have also worked for the conservation of Southern Right Whales for the last 26 years, and therefore I have followed the plight of Northern Rights with great interest and solidarity. Bay of Fundy is a magical place for me though I´ve never been there, and I hope you guys succeed in bringing about the protection it deserves.

Apologies for the lack of English text so far, but you may wish to look at some pictures of 'our' whales and their breeding grounds at www.baleiafranca.org.br .

All the best for 2009,
José Palazzo

No comments:

Post a Comment